Is it my Video Card or Software

Zeltech12

Beta member
First of all I want to say hi to the Members

For the past few weeks when I'm watching videos on Youtube or any other videos on the net I see stillness and hesitation for a 1 sec or so. First time this has happen and I had my computer for a year so far and updated everything that I need to do.

I have cleaned up my cookies, history files, defragments, deleted files and Disk clean up on C: drive. Do I need to upgrade my Nvidia card or something else?

Here's my Computer Specs: 12GB Memory, 60GB of SSD Disk with 19GB disk free, NVidia 460 SE, 3.2Ghz Motherboard I7 CPU 960

Thanks

Last edited:
Did it start happening after you updated everything or was this out of the blue?

Make sure that the fan and heatsink on the card is free of dust and debris. This might be a result of the card overheating.

Did it start happening after you updated everything or was this out of the blue?

Make sure that the fan and heatsink on the card is free of dust and debris. This might be a result of the card overheating.

It just started to happen recently for the past 2 weeks and just a few days ago I started updating hoping that will solved the issue but no success. I have some knowledge in computers but not to the advance.

I'll open the case today and do some cleaning and see if that works. I appreciate your response OhSnap.

Go back a few versions on your computer's video drivers. I'm having an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers on my laptop where youtube videos are very glitchy and rolling back to old drivers fixes it right up. With luck that'll work for you too.

Go back a few versions on your computer's video drivers. I'm having an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers on my laptop where youtube videos are very glitchy and rolling back to old drivers fixes it right up. With luck that'll work for you too.

Yup I already did that and still having hesitation and freezes when watching videos. I might need to buy another new Video Card

Right click on the video, click 'settings,' there should be a box which says 'enable hardware acceleration.'

Untick that box.

Refresh the page, that might solve it then.

Back
Top Bottom