Is it just me? Or does each halflife 2 part run worse then the last?

superman22x

Golden Master
Yet, with the orange box, they all have the same graphics... For Hlaflife 2, I had the graphics maxed, 16x and 4x AA or w/e it is and all. For episode 1 I had to drop down to 8x, and I think I will drop to 4x now for episode 2. And my guy is bouncing around too or something. Its kinda wierd. I will be walking, and then, all of a sudden, my guy starts bouncing, almost like he is going from croutch to normal, or humping that girl in the game, its kinda annoying... but w/e, maybe it will go away with the graphics change next time I play.

But has anyone else noticed the less optomized as it gets newer or something? Got lazy coding the Orange Box or something, lol.

try the graphics effects and physics from the source engine in hl2 to hlfep2 are pretty dam improved
you cant tell me ep2 doesnt look better then 2

i have the orange box 2
play half 2 then play ep2
both all max
ep2 looks a lot better

well.....half life 2 and ep1 are amost the same, just inproved havok engine, and some grapical inprovments

ep2 is a huge leap. wide open enviorments, grapics and engine leaps.

ya, i run 2 and ep1 at almost maxed.
ep2, 800 x 600, low and meduim detail

tell you one thing tho half life 2 still today after playing crysis looks great

Yeah I have Gmod and with one of the latest updates they put in the Ep. 2 graphics engine. It's got the motion blur and all sorts of other crazy stuff going on, looks better but mostly just different to me.

Back
Top Bottom