Is Ccleaner legit/good?

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Well? From the looks of it it feels like a scam. Is it any good? I never do software maintenance to my computer on the level such apps suggest.

I don't trust most things that mess around with the registry and I've fixed tons of machines that have this software installed. My form of keeping the registry clean is by using Revo Uninstaller to remove unwanted junk when I uninstall the software itself.

It used to be decent, but once it got bought out by AVAST it went to shit.

I use Glary Utilities and WISE Registry (and Disk) cleaners

It's a registry doohickey only? I thought it does other things like find duplicate, corrupt and old files. Must have confused it with something else.
I can edit registry myself with some research. But if does and it sucks in it too, I'll drop it.

I feel like with the way W10 is and how fast tech is all these little programs are defunct. Like I put an SSD on XP and even it's fast and I feel like nLite isn't necessary anymore. Unlike the old days when we wanted the least amount of junk running.

I can't imagine how Windows can be used without maintenance.
CCleaner is completely safe and irreplaceable, but that alone is not enough. Really need something more and very well complement each other CCleaner + Wise Care 365 + Advanced System Care
Things like GlaryUtilities, Revo Uninstaller, WinUtlities, Privazer, etc. would really be wise to avoid.
Recommendations should not be shared if you have never used the thing yourself or do not understand exactly what it does and how it works.
The operation, usefulness or harmfulness of any thing does not depend on what one thinks, but what this app really does or what it not do.
But in the end of everything, everyone has to decide for themselves what they use and what they don't use. The most important part of this is always the part between the back of the chair and the keyboard. And that's really the most important thing.
CCleaner is completely safe and absolutely necessary, but it alone is not enough, something more is also needed. So decide yourself and don't listen what somebody thinks. Think yourself.

Back
Top Bottom