Is building a PC still worth it?

Regenesis

Beta member
I have 3000$ and I don't know if I should upgrade my PC or buy a PS3.
I don't have an HDTV or an LCD monitor,but if I decide to go with the PS3 I will buy an HDTV,and if i decide to go with PC I'll buy an LCD.
I had both PS1 and PS2,and PC for gaming over the years.However,PC was my main gaming platform(among other things).
But from what I see on the internet(and from what I noticed) less games are released for PC,and I am starting to wonder if PC gaming is worth it or I should go for consoles.Right now I don't have the money for both(I intend to spend them all on the platform of choise)of them,so I must choose one.
What do you think?Should I choose PC or PS3?

Oh hell yeah, you could could get a plasma TV, PS3, 23 inch LCD monitor, Gaming mouse & and keyboard, surround sound speaker system, awesome headset, and a gaming computer that can play Crysis on highest for under $3000 and have some money left over. :D :D

Here.
Case: Lian Li Lancool Mid Tower
Power Supply: SIGMA MONSTER 750 Watt
Motherboard: GIGABYTE P45 Morherboard
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
Memory: 2X2 GB DDR2 800 OCZ Blade Series
Hard Drive: Wester Digital Caviar Black 500GB
Video Card (2): EVGA GTS 250 512MB
Blu-RAY Burner: LG SATA 6X Blu-RAY Burner
Monitor: LG 23" Black LCD Widescreen Monitor
Speaker System: Logitech G51 Surround Sound Speakers System
Headset: KOSS Gaming headset
Keyboard: Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit w/ Windows 7 Upgrade
PS3: SONY PS3 160GB
Plasma TV: SAMSUNG 42" Plasma HDTV

Oh hell yeah, you could could get a plasma TV, PS3, 23 inch LCD monitor, Gaming mouse & and keyboard, surround sound speaker system, awesome headset, and a gaming computer that can play Crysis on highest for under $3000 and have some money left over. :D :D

Here.
Cool.I'll check it out

Here.

Mint man, mint.

Personally, I'd go with a single, better GPU, rather than two 250's..possibly a 4870 or 260 OC'd

And I know nothing about PS3's as I am all about PC games over consoles, but I think I saw a link for cheaper PS3's..I want to say $200?? I don't know, the thread was here earlier and I'm not looking for it.. haha

I love that HDTV!!!

IMHO, plasma is no good for gaming with the still image problem.... go with an LCD. Not a big problem, just swap out the plasma for an LCD.

***EXAMPLE: if you start up Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3. During disc installation onto your harddrive, there are screens saying theyre not responsible for damage to your TV if you have a plasma and not an LCD screen***

****ALSO, when i played Assassins Creed for a while I noticed still images burned into my dads tv, while only temprary for a day or so,... still bad . Do yourself a favor and go LCD for gaming****

get a 80gb slim PS3, for 100 dollars cheaper, theyll come out later, and you can still swap out hard drives later on if you wish. ;)

Silly question, but can I just confirm that the sum we're talking about is 3 THOUSAND dollars, and not 3 HUNDRED (which while not what was specified, would make a lot more sense in the context of the original post!)

Back
Top Bottom