Is Alienware The Best Company For Gaming Pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is the Aurora ALX SLI? can beat its performance if i make a custom rig.

hahaha, alienwares claims are ridiculous, it says FX 62 is the fastest gaming processor. lol, well i guess currently it is, but if u compare and FX 62 against a single core amd oc'd to its clock speeds the scores would be tight in gaming.

lets see here, here are the specs on the alienware computer:

AMD FX-62
Dual 7900GTX eVGA
XP Pro SP2
700 Watt Alienware PSU
Alienware Board
2x1GB Dual Channel ( no name)
750GB HD
1 CD/DVD+RW
X-Fi Alienware
Logitech X-530
Saitek Eclipse
Logitech G5

Total is $6000

lets see if we can get same performance for cheaper lol. parts from newegg.

FX-62
ASUS M2n-e
G.SKill 2x1GB DDR2 800
2x eVGA 7900GTX
x-fi xtrememusic
3x 250GB Caviar
TT Black Kandalf
Enermax LIberty 620W
NEC 3550A
Logitech X-530
Saitek Eclipse
Logitech G5

and that adds up to $3456, and this is with almost the same parts, now imagine how much more you would save if u bought something less expensive, say an Opteron, and OC'd it past Fx-62 speeds and save $500 dollars, stuff like that would bring it back down, approximately 500-700 dollars less.

lol for such a high end rig, they put the X-530?!

i would think they'd put the 5500 or 5450

and yes, custom gaming rigs are much better value than alienware.

Here's the thing. The FX-62 IS the fastest processor. But they (and i) leave out one word. Stock. (ie. unaltered)

BTW, being an Alienware owner myself, i am satisfied with how they put their machines together, but their tech support is so horrible. I dreaded making a call to their tech support. In one year, i spent probably 20+ hours on the phone with their tech support.

Snake-Eyes said:
Here's the thing. The FX-62 IS the fastest processor. But they (and i) leave out one word. Stock. (ie. unaltered)

BTW, being an Alienware owner myself, i am satisfied with how they put their machines together, but their tech support is so horrible. I dreaded making a call to their tech support. In one year, i spent probably 20+ hours on the phone with their tech support.

Dell strikes again, their reputation of horrible customer services, quality computers, and general quality proceeds them in the world of gaming.

I have a friend that got an Alienware... he liked it for a bit, but doesn't like it anymore... he WAYYYY overpaid for it... my $1500 rig (from July '05, listed in sig) can whomp on his $2500 alienware.

every single large company making you a 'gaming pc' can never compare to one built by yourself. there WAAAAYYYYYYY overpriced, they lose value extremely quickly, and if you buy yourself there is always quality assured, unlike some large company building your pc who just wants to get the parts in it and sell the **** thing. there is only one way to go about getting a gaming pc. build your own. forget alienware and dell. there crap.

john3 said:
Dell strikes again, their reputation of horrible customer services, quality computers, and general quality proceeds them in the world of gaming.

hahah amen. i was just going to reply on that comment he made abt alienware support being terrible. alienware= owned by dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom