iRiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, FINALLY SOMEONE BUYS AN iRIVER! Really, you are like the 2nd person thats bought an iriver on their own will (usually I end up convincing people to buy iriver instead of an ipod, I have good reason to too). Anyways, make sure you have v2.51 firmware becuase the older versions are really buggy. And the headphones aren't the greatest, but compared to the ipod, its like night and day. Oh and make sure you charge it for like a day, otherwise you'l learn the hard way (beleive me, I know....) that your battery will be about 50% of its potential. Oh and try to encode songs at 120-192kbs, anything over just DRAINSSSS battery like a mofo. And skinning is now available, but pretty difficult to do on it so you can change pretty much every image in the system. But like I said, its pretty hard to do and you can brick it easily. So all in all, yes, worth it very much so, especially for a $200 price tag.

yea iRiver is really good. I have an iPod, but i seriously considered iRiver and Creative before my final decision.

iPods minimum 18 hour battery life and apple's support (updates, 3rd party support, etc) sold me. Plus, they just work if you take care of it.

somebody buys an iriver? what about archos i havent seen anyone else on here besides me with an archos player

gosh you people have no idea what youre missing out on...:)

Ive had an Iriver for years. I used to have the iRiver iFP-3xx (I dont recall the model num, but it was 256Mb) and now I have an H10 - 20gb. I love them. MUCH more bang for your buck..

I jsut wish that RockBox would make firmware for the 20Gb versions.

lol i got a 30gb black ipod video for $60 (the cost of a new screen) so i'm happy with my ipod...i also used to have a ipod nano..that thing was indestructible!!! i dropped it down the stairs many a time..it even had a big dent on the back of it...but it kept chugging along

I have the Iriver 20GB H10 Version and its pwns.

Just remember to upgrade the firmware before you start loading stuff into it. (You don't have to but its a good idea)

I have an Iriver 512 mb something or other and I love it. I want to buy a 30 gig Ipod, but this is a good backup player, or taking camping player. Ipods are too fragile to take places they have a good chance of gettng broken. It also runs off of a AA battery so all I have to do is change that and it works even when I don't have access to electricity, unlike the Ipod. Irivers are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom