IRC?

We've had several attempts to create TF channels and vent servers but there are too many problems with running one. The primary reason being if it were run as an official channel, it would have to be moderated at all times to avoid legal issues.

It isnt just piracy that needs to be moderated. Language is another one. With Live Chats there is always someone who wants to type in something that can be against our site rules.

Yes there are keyword blocks, but the amount of time it would take to set it up to block all the words and everything we have listed about in our rules would take to much time.

That isnt even talking about people posting links to pirate material if a question is asked about getting something. I mean while we have keywords blocked, if someone asked where to get Windows, that would easily lead to people posting links to pirated copies of Windows. Something that is against our site rules but cant be blocked by keywords.

So again it would have to be moderated full time by a staff member of the site, something we dont have the man power to do. We all have full time jobs and a life that interferes with us being on the website 24/7 let alone inside an IRC channel.

WHat i've done is download a premade list of blocked words, and uploaded them. Names like Mediafire, piratebay, etc are blocked. I'm also available to assist 24/7, I run on coffee :p

A filter would see "Mediafire" but not "meediafire", "m.ediafire" "media fire", "mediafyre" etc etc.. So you'd have to block hundreds of permutations of thousands upon thousands of words / websites / etc which could get a bit tedious.... That's where the need for the 24/7 moderators come in.

There are premade databases of blocked words, which include permutations. The people who made the db put the regular words into a program which made all possible permutations, and added them to the db.

Back
Top Bottom