iPod or Creative Zen?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I first wanted the Zen Micro because I didn't have more than 2 GB of Music. My music library is growing so i decided on the 30 Gig iPod or the Zen. I like the iPod because of the size, but I need imput on which might be better.

ipod, i hate the look of the creative, ugly things... id go for the ipod or a sony mp3 player over creative every time...

Ok thanks, I was looking more towards the iPod, but I wasn't sure which would be better.

Creative or Sony. They own iPod. IGN.com just recently reviewed the Creative Zen Sleek and they even said it's a great alternative to the iPod if you don't need a fancy color screen.

i have a zen touch 20GB and is legend .... very versitile (you can drop it, unlike ipods :p) intergrades with wmp, suppors both wma and wma-drm proteted stuff

pink_floyd said:
i have a zen touch 20GB and is legend .... very versitile (you can drop it, unlike ipods :p) intergrades with wmp, suppors both wma and wma-drm proteted stuff

The dropping bit is rubbish, ive dropped my ipod in a lake twice, and dropped it loads of times. one time i dropped it hard, and the screen broke, but thats the only damage. its a bit scratched, but the dropping, and drowning didnt make any difference, just had to dry it out, and it was fine... im not reccomending it, lol. but mine was fine both times i did it...

I wouldn't get an Ipod.

Get a Creative Zen Micro, or even a Sleek if you want a bit more memory.

If you by any chance want photos, theres a Creative Zen Micro Photo, or if you wnat videos as well, wait for the 30gb Creative Zen Vision: M, coming out sometime this month (which I'm getting). Only thing is, it doesnt have a removable battery, but 14hrs of audio should still be enough (12hrs real use) and 4hrs vids (approx) before you charge somewhere.

I mean, if your happy with getting an ipod, you wouldn't mind that would you, and the batteries bound to last longer on the Zen too after alot of charges :p

Plus, I dont like the fact that you have to use Itunes (unless you go through trouble) tgo port your tunes across to a format you can't copy anywhere else and play! AAC i think it is. And dont get me started on the fact of the video one where porting over photos and videos becomes a tedious affair.

And also, not to mention the naff control system (never liked the click wheel which is slow) and the slow to update screen when you play a song (the track names, etc), or try to access menus while a song is playing, which makes the menu system turn into a snail at best.

----------------

I'm a little annoyed though at these type of threads. No offence to anyone, but its all your opinions when it comes to Ipod, etc and won't help the person asking, even if thye are asking which is best? When it comes down to it, a muisc player is yours. Your going to use it, so go to your nearest store or test location and have a go at both. Decide which you like and which you dont.

You of course going to find little niggles you don't like in every player, but just buy the all round one. In my opinion, this would make the Creative players the winners every time.

Back
Top Bottom