iPhone battery power pack ok for hand luggage?

MillField

Daemon Poster
Hi guys,

I recently bought a USB power brick to give my iPhone some extra juice when travelling. Do any of you know if it is ok to bring a power brick in your hand luggage on a plane? The reason I'm asking is because I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks where I will only be bringing hand luggage.

Thanks for any help. :)

This is the power pack: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KMASHI-150...9&sr=8-16&keywords=iphone+battery+power+brick

Last edited:
I would suggest contacting the airport and see what the rules are; or the governing body for airline security (for the US it's TSA and they have a website that lists the things you cannot bring on an airplane - not sure what the Ireland equivalent is).

I regularly bring a 27,000 mAh battery on my flights (usually 1-2 times a month) and have never had a problem, though all my flights are domestic.

I brought a 10,000mAh battery in my carry-on luggage across like 15 different domestic/international flights over the last month, not an issue with a single one of them :p so I'd say you'll be fine. If it's just a bare battery they'd likely take issue with it, but otherwise no problem.

Back
Top Bottom