IP won't change from wireless

bLEEb

Baseband Member
I just got my laptop back from being fixed and etc..

I now have to set the wireless back up all over again in which I didn't have any problems the first time.

However, now the IP from my desktop will not change to the one Buffalo router has implied it to change to.

My desktop IP won't change and I have gone through nearly everything suggested.

The IP was changed at one point, but the modem was offline and as soon as I turned it online, it changed back.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Do you have DHCP enabled in your router?
Is your laptop configured to obtain an IP address automatically?
Is your desktop wireless or not?
Was your desktop connecting OK before you got your laptop back?

First try this:

- Right click the network icon
- Click repair

If that doesn't work, try this:
- Start
- Click Run
- Type cmd and press enter
- Type ipconfig /release and press enter
- Type ipconfig /renew and press enter

Do you have DHCP enabled in your router?
Is your laptop configured to obtain an IP address automatically?
Is your desktop wireless or not?
Was your desktop connecting OK before you got your laptop back?

1. I don't even know what that is..
2. Yes me router was to change my ip when I connected it to my modem and desktop.
3.No.
4.Yes.

few other things you could do is like they said it could be that your computer is not set up to obtain an IP address automaticly and its using Static IP and you can change that they told you how, they also told you how to release and renew your ip address on the Command Prompt but also something i would try and it works most of the time is if you have a modem reset ir or take out the power for atleast 30 secs and then reset the router too for another 30 secs that way they read eachother that happens to me sometimes, or if another ocmputer is running on that same wireless type 192.168.0.1 or which ever ip is on your router to do the factory reset on it and then reconfigure it again.

Back
Top Bottom