ip reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

raztazmasta

Baseband Member
unfortunately my brother and i share a computer...and there is a game we both play and he got us banned from a particular server...i was wondering if there is a way to change my IP so the IP ban is no longer in effect.

Try this.

Windows 95/98

Go to Start, Run, and type in WINIPCFG.
Click on OK.
Click on the Release button. The IP Address should then disappear and reappear with a value of 0.0.0.0.
Click on the Renew button. A new address should appear. Click on OK to finish.

Windows 2000/XP

Go to Start, Run, and type cmd.
At the prompt, type ipconfig /release.
At the prompt, type ipconfig /renew

You can set your ip manually. Most isps hate it when you do that but...

First of all do you have a router or firewall aparatas between you and internet?

Your ISP may be assigning you a particular IP address. Sometimes this is done according to your MAC address. Your best bet is to simply call your ISP and ask them! If they are some big corporation, you'll probably have no luck with that.

Click Start, Run, type "cmd"

From the command line, type "ipconfig /all"

This will give you all of your network settings. Take note of that. Go to your network connections, and click Properties of your Local Area Network. Then go to the properties of your TCP/IP. Manually configure the connection using those settings you just found in the command line, but use a different IP adress (change the last 3 numbers to be different, like 168 instead of 167 or something).

if your using a cable modem you could unplug it for a few days, alot of cable providers have dhcp leases on there modems (internal 10.x.x.x) you could just leave it for a weekend or something and let it refresh. probibly a horrible idea but it might work. calling them would be the best bet. or maybe just connect to the game via a proxy from a friend using the same provider lol

You have a static IP I bet and you always have the same IP. Changing your IP is tricky and may be illegal if done improperly so just use a proxy.

or you can contact the server admin apologise for whatever happened and see if he will lift the ban....

Thats a fine idea but most adminstrators I know are pretty stuck up when it comes to banning people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom