Ip Address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2many4u

Beta member
Wassup y'all.

I was wondering, if it's true, that someone can actually get the IP address of your computer, and SEE EVERYTHING you do whenever you're online, without your permission...
and also, if so, shouldn't an Antivirus(such as norton) Stop them from being able to get the IP Address?

lol as if norton can stop anyone... its rubbish it will probably let the hacker through.. plus people can get your ip address yes by software such as MSN Messenger and Signing either Guestbooks etc

Its very very easy for a website to get your IP (**** I could get your IP from this forum if I really wanted), that information can then be used by a hacker to attack your computer.

The only true protection from this is to use an anonomous proxy. There are several around that you can use but I usually dont bother because they're slow and make my broadband run like a dialup. However I always get my proxy on if I think i'm visiting a risky site.

NvidiaDude said:
lol as if norton can stop anyone... its rubbish it will probably let the hacker through.. plus people can get your ip address yes by software such as MSN Messenger and Signing either Guestbooks etc

You don't even need to sign the guest book, if the page is setup to then it can log your IP just by you visiting it.

I think you all might want to learn how to spell anonymous... just in case you try a google search for "anonymous proxy":bald:

A proxy is a thirdpatry server that acts as a gateway the the internet and also caches pages for faster access.

There are lots around, some you have to pay for some not, I use JAP but you can probably find somthing better if you look around.

When you're using a proxy then all websites can do is log the IP of that proxy as having visited their website.. Not your IP, so a hacker can't attack you.

MrCoffee said:
Its very very easy for a website to get your IP (**** I could get your IP from this forum if I really wanted), that information can then be used by a hacker to attack your computer.

The only true protection from this is to use an anonomous proxy. There are several around that you can use but I usually dont bother because they're slow and make my broadband run like a dialup. However I always get my proxy on if I think i'm visiting a risky site.

Unless you are an admin, or op you can't really find out his IP.

I could put a php coded image in my sig with a sting in its tail, log all ip's who load it. sure I wouldn't know who's was who's but none the less...

PHP:
$ip = ( !empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ) ?
 $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : ( ( !empty($_ENV['REMOTE_ADDR']) ) ?
 $_ENV['REMOTE_ADDR'] : $REMOTE_ADDR );

I'm sure I could get that info logged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom