IP Address and DHCP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanlevin8

Beta member
Hello. For some reason randomly I started getting a few IP/DHCP errors on my computer.

I connect to the internet for about 10 seconds before it stops working. My wireless internet connection says it can connect fine, but for some reason its not actually connecting.

I keep getting the conflicting IP address error, and when I look at the Events log i have TWO errors.

TCP/IP- Error 1002
DHCP- Error 4199

I cant figure out what to do! I already ran the ipconfig /release & /renew yet they still dont seem to work. I have checked my lease info on the router and everything is normal. The thing that is strange is that I never changed any settings, so I really have no idea how it could just 'stop working..'

I have a Linksys WRT54G as well as an old Netgear. I am running DD-WRT on the Linksys because I cant get internet in some parts of my house. But it seems that I am getting the errors regardless of the wireless routers that I am connecting to.

Whats even stranger, is that I am the only one in my apartment that is getting these errors. Everyone else is fine.

I also have already ran the winsock fix and Malware/AVG and they all didnt work.

If someone has a solution that would be great!

:madd:

Thanks!

yes I do.

Also my roomate just installed a Roku box. Im thinking maybe it has a static IP and is the one that my cpu is trying to use. But I dont understand how that could be possible considering my cpu's using a dynamic IP and should be able to connect using another...

Only one of your routers should be distributing DHCP addresses, or at least they should be using two different pools (e.g. Router A uses 192.168.1.100-150 and Router B uses 192.168.1.151-200). If they're both trying to assign addresses in the same IP space then there will be conflicts.

Also, what's the IP on the ROku box? If it has a static IP, then you have to make sure that the IP isn't in the DHCP pool (e.g. if the pool is 192.168.1.100-200, the address can't be 192.168.1.151 or anything else inside the pool).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom