iOS 8

I got iOS 8.0 last night and one of my favorite features is the voice messaging feature....

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Obligatory had that 4 years ago comment lol. Although I never got that. If you're going to talk, just call them.

That reminds me of the days of Nextel lol push to talk like a walkie talkie.... Basically like talking on a phone but with a annoying beep and it makes sure everyone in the area can hear your entire conversation, Why not just call them???

Crickets, I dont see no crickets.....
sg18-104269-1.jpg

I've downloaded it on my iPhone and iPad now and got to grips with it for a few days now.

What I like:
- Quick reply to messages is really nice, and it will be a hell of a lot nicer once WhatsApp and the like integrate it.
- Having the option to install different keyboards is nice. (should have been an option years ago)
- Enhancements to the App Store and iTunes are actually useful, e.g. trending section, bundles.
- Quick Type is pretty nifty.
- Photos.app and photo editing have some really nice enhancements.
- Multiple mail drafts and gestures are really nice.
- Safari extensions and enhancements are great.

What I dislike:
- Extensions are not all that useful so far. (not really iOS 8's fault, but it looks like we will have to wait until extensions actually become useful and look nice)
- Continuity and Handoff between iOS and OS X are not yet available. I was really looking forward to this and I see it as one of the main strengths of iOS 8.
- iCloud Drive not yet available.(see above ^)
- It's a buggy release in general.
- The install process. 5.7GB required is no joke when you have 16GB devices.
- "Hey Siri" should work when the phone isn't plugged in and has above 20% battery.

My fingerprint sensor still doesn't work even after .2

I wonder if there are issues with fingers lol seriously though some people have more pronounced fingerprints and some not so much, I actually met someone who didn't have fingerprints, That's rare BUT it happens.

Back
Top Bottom