Interpretation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
Hi guys, I have a quick question.

I applied for an engineering internship, and I got an e-mail back from the HR lady.

She said this:

"Thank you for your interest in internship opportunities at ----. I wanted to learn a bit about your timing. ---- typically begins our recruitment for interns in the January timeframe; will that timing work for you?"

Does she mean when will I be available for an interview

-- or --

when I will be available to start the internship?

I'm asking because I don't want to answer the wrong question in the response. Let me know what you guys think.

(I took out the company name for privacy reasons)

That's what I figured, too... because most companies start looking for summer interns Jan/Feb.

The thing is, this is in New Hampshire, and I live in NY. Should I mention anything about "being available for a phone interview" or should I just say "yes January is fine"...

If you're far from the location, most companies will do phone interviews. I hope that's the case with this one...

interview , they need to know u first, what time ur available for work, etc.
sounds like u might get hired, good luck

Should I include in the e-mail WHEN I will be available to work? Or just tell them that January is fine.

say January because that might be the time they're gonna need u, any other time might not suit them and that decreases the chances of u getting hired

Well, in the email, I said this:

"I am inquiring about possible internship opportunities for the upcoming summer (2007)."

-----

So I'm assuming she knows its for the summer.

In regards to the interview, I'm fine for whenever. So, I might just say Jan. is fine.

Go all-out, it can't hurt...and more importantly, don't be shy of asking them questions (to clarify)--it shows your analytical skills! :p And might just help the recruiter in the future (Hmm!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom