Internet

SlickRick15

Baseband Member
well, i have Comcast hooked up to a Linksys router. MY internet will work off and on in intervals of like 2 mins or so seems like. Sometimes it doesnt work for awhile sometimes it works the whole day. You cant count on it. It just started happenning again. It has to be software issues. My Firewall is off my AVG Firewall doesnt work so thats disabled. How can i figure out what the problem is. What can i do?

latest firmwar eon the router?????? ,
and have your recently got a cordless phone

Yep latest firmware on the router, and we have had the same cordless phone for years operating at 2.4 GHZ the same frequency as the router.

hahah my cuz' nick name is slick rick...

anyway...try unplugging the cordless phone...what could be happing is the transmitter on the phone could be going bad creating distortion on the wireless network...that is a possibility...

also Do you have another system you can try to see if you still get the same problem, say a friends laptop ect....

Yeah plus i dunno about your cordless but mine has like 6 channels it can operate on so if yur has this switch to a different channel , also reposition antenas on router if it has any

Well.. another thing i should have mentioned is that my computer is wired directly to that router. Also my xbox 360 is hooked up to it as well and now it is also having connectivity issues. WTF?EDIT: just ran a connectivity test on the xbox it failed on the "MTU" step.

WEll fixed the MTU problem changed everything back to default. I think im still having problems now. I can get connection to 360 but it will probably fail again.

Back
Top Bottom