internet wont stay connected

lerner1

In Runtime
i have netzero highspeed on windows xp and it disconnects after 2 hours or so of beeing idle is there a way i can maintain a connection constantly without it disconnection on me bcuz when i try to download a big file from internet explorer and it my net cuts off i cant pick up where i left off so is there anything i can do or download to maintain a constant connection?

thx

There are a lot of services that will automatically disconnect after a certain amount of time being idle. It's usually in your settings, so check there. I'm not familiar with NetZero.

I know standard Netzero kicks you off after 4 hours regardless if you are active or not. I use to have that service. Not sure of the 2 hours though. Maybe email them to see what they have to say.

There should be a couple options for that in different areas of your network settings. I know since I had to deal with a similar problem, but I haven't had dialup for a long time, so I can't really be very specific at the moment. I would either Google for more specific information on that or get rid of Netzero.

Back
Top Bottom