Internet Turning on and off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster0011

Baseband Member
Hey guys i purchased a dell xps computer everythings like top of the line when i bought it. I bought it a month ago. Recently my internet keeps turnin gon and off. The little moniter screeon on my bottom toolbar shows that im connected & my modem lights are all fine but the internet is really disconnected. Every 5 minutes the net cuts off and comes back on within a minute or 2. i tried doing windows update, everythings up to date. I did a virus scan..all clean. What could it be? is it my internet provider? Thanks

A bit more information would be helpful. Is this a laptop or desktop? Wireless or wired network connection? Router?

Check the power management settings, and make sure they're not set to disable network devices after a certain amount of being idle.

speedster0011 said:
Hey guys i purchased a dell xps computer everythings like top of the line when i bought it. I bought it a month ago. Recently my internet keeps turnin gon and off. The little moniter screeon on my bottom toolbar shows that im connected & my modem lights are all fine but the internet is really disconnected. Every 5 minutes the net cuts off and comes back on within a minute or 2. i tried doing windows update, everythings up to date. I did a virus scan..all clean. What could it be? is it my internet provider? Thanks

-Give your provider a call and see what they say...

I actually just bought a brand new motorola modem. I returned the old modem that i was leasing to my provider because i thought it was from the modem. So i was just alike ill buy a new one and stop paying monthly. For the computer, its a desktop, no router, connected straight with a ethernet cable. I tried to connect a router but everything would get worst. I call my service provider and they just tell me same thing i already know. Turn computer off, pull power off modem, bla bla.

do not connect to your cable modem with usb, it will give you nothing but problems. then call your isp have them check your internal signal levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom