internet speed

mikee1

BSOD
hi

I'm on a dialup connection with a 56k modem and its only going at 26.4kbps why is this? Is there any way I can make it faster?

Kalgatha do you still have dial up ?!
Well, dial up is quite slow, especially when the bandwidth is taking up just by interacting with a server
My best best is to get broadband of some sort, DSL is quite cheap but Cable i would recommend by far

You prolly have people around you using the same connection, thus slowing it down. Besides, dial up is always slow... I have dsl and I get download speeds of over 150 k/s. I have 1.2mbs page load speed... way faster than dial up. I used to have it (netzero) and it sucked. I know the sbc is having a special of 14.95 a month for a year for dsl... quite a deal. netzero's DIAL UP is 14.95 (they're NEW technology) yeah, right.... lol.
edit
here's my stuff...
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=19690

Cable is by far the best. OC48 I blieve it is woul dbe afreaking amazing connection 4 GBs/per sec DL :) its about 320k a month just to run.

thats what they told me too...at first ... just be persistant and if their like they were to me then you should get it

Netzero charges $14.95 for high speed dial up. Here comes SBC Yahoo DSL offering their broadband internet for the same price of $14.95 for like the first year, I think. Pretty good deal.

Back
Top Bottom