internet speed

mikee1

BSOD
hi

I'm on a dialup connection with a 56k modem and its only going at 26.4kbps why is this? Is there any way I can make it faster?

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Kalgatha do you still have dial up ?!
Well, dial up is quite slow, especially when the bandwidth is taking up just by interacting with a server
My best best is to get broadband of some sort, DSL is quite cheap but Cable i would recommend by far

jac006

Golden Master
You prolly have people around you using the same connection, thus slowing it down. Besides, dial up is always slow... I have dsl and I get download speeds of over 150 k/s. I have 1.2mbs page load speed... way faster than dial up. I used to have it (netzero) and it sucked. I know the sbc is having a special of 14.95 a month for a year for dsl... quite a deal. netzero's DIAL UP is 14.95 (they're NEW technology) yeah, right.... lol.
edit
here's my stuff...
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=19690

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Cable is by far the best. OC48 I blieve it is woul dbe afreaking amazing connection 4 GBs/per sec DL :) its about 320k a month just to run.

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
thats what they told me too...at first ... just be persistant and if their like they were to me then you should get it

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Netzero charges $14.95 for high speed dial up. Here comes SBC Yahoo DSL offering their broadband internet for the same price of $14.95 for like the first year, I think. Pretty good deal.