Internet Speed vs. RAM

True. I'm usually downloading music or on forums and such, so I'm thinking the internet is more important for my needs. Especially when I need to download a link from a teacher online, I need to get that quickly, so I'm beginning to agree with the majority of all of you and get the internet speed upgrade.

SheikZ said:
True. I'm usually downloading music or on forums and such, so I'm thinking the internet is more important for my needs. Especially when I need to download a link from a teacher online, I need to get that quickly, so I'm beginning to agree with the majority of all of you and get the internet speed upgrade.
Yeah, and RAM is pretty cheap these days. You can probably get 512 MB for less than $50 now, you can make that in a few days doing odd jobs and such.

Kinda off topic: Lol, today my teacher (Anyone know the band Snapcase? He used to be the drummer LOL) randomly told us that once he prank called Dell and asked them how many megs of RAM their keyboards had, and the tech guy flipped out, he was like THERE ARE NO MEGS OF RAM IN KEYBOARDS. Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny, but only like 4 people in the class got it, haha.

LOL, nice.

Yeah, the RAM my computer will be compatible with is $65.99 from Crucial.com.
The Internet speed upgrade will be $10 more a month ($32 + 10)

PS. Just now looking at the results from the polls from both sites, both are becoming more defined in what they recommend. Though it's interesting how this site is more persuasive in that they have 3x the people voting for Internet as opposed to RAM upgrade.

I was thinking. Since there is no Internet speed survey-like thread on these boards, I wanted to know your internet speeds and what you pay for them.

:D

I get about 9meg download and about 1.5 meg upload. No lie! i have Road Runner Buisness class here at home. (deal my dad got through work) i think they pay normal RR price for it.

Is it normal for the price of RAM to decrease over time? I've been looking at the RAM I wanted to get, and it's price since about December to now has gone from 70$ something to $57.99. I was wondering this because I may be able to get it myself without having to get a job if it keeps going down like this.

I was thinking...

If I were to choose to get the RAM instead of the internet speed (which i doubt), should i get the actual RAM, or get Vista for the ReadyBoost, SuperFetch, and Sleep mechanisms? I have a flash drive already at the moment and don't use a lot of it for work because I rarely have to use it anyway. Also I have XP Media Center now, so if I were to upgrade to Vista Home Premium, I wouldn't have to pay anything but the shipping; If I were to get the RAM, I'd have to pay $53.99 and S&H to get it.

Back
Top Bottom