Internet Regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
I got this project in my citizenship class at school before the break started about issues in the US. Everyone has to make a collage about an issue, with pros and cons and info about it.

Luckily we got to choose, and I chose 'Government Regulation of the Internet."

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some facts, opinions, statistics, links, etc. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I can't see any pro's for the gov't regulating the internet, there's really no upside to them doing it.

Images of the Gastapo, book burnings, the Dark Ages, and the Spanish Inquisition come to mind...

Well, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

bobojuice said:
Well, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

what???

Ten movies streaming across that, that Internet, and what happens to your own personal Internet? I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially. [...] They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.
God I laughed so hard when I first heard that quote. Ted Stevens is a moron lol :D

Agreed, the Internet was not created to allow whoever has the biggest buck to get the most. It is freedom, in the most raw form. Yes, there is alot of crap on the net, but that is part of being a responsible user of a system constantly updated by the users.

HEY SEN. STEVENS, the reason your email (the "internet" sent by his staff) was so late was because you have an incompetent moron running the system.

Now, I wouldnt have a single problem with the government setting their own portion of the net aside just for govt purposes. I think that will be vital, but dont let ISPs decide what we can see by granting sites over others. That censorship on par with china.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom