Internet patching and download problems

Epicsockzebra

Beta member
Hello, so I've had a rather annoying recurring problem which has been with my computer as far back as I can remember. Basically, it can't download ****. My internet is fine, I have great ping and around 30 down 90 up. After reading numerous posts over the past few months it seems that the network is being interrupted, if only briefly, but long enough to corrupt the file and render the download useless. To give some example, downloading something from Chrome over 60mb can be extremely difficult at times, b/c I will for example get to 47mb and then it freezes, or sometimes it goes without a hitch. So the bigger the file the longer it takes and therefore a higher chance of something going wrong. Recently I've been trying the League of Legends patcher again, since they revamped it and I thought they added a resume system of sorts, and had the same problems which I had back when I used to play that game. Bascially, it's a round 1gb download and i can get anywhere from 50-150mb in before the download rate goes down to 0kb/s. What is even more frustrating is that I have another computer in the same room ( which i use primarily for nongaming stuff since it isn't as powerful) and it can download via the launcher perfectly, and there is never a corruption issue. So, any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this is a bit long, this week I've just been fed up with it. (P.S. I'm not a huge computer expert, so simple language is good language :lol:)

are you certain it is the network being interrupted? are you on wifi?
is your computer up to date?
what have you done to troubleshoot this problem?

Well I'm not 100% certain, I am not on Wifi I am hooked up via ethernet. I don't exactly know what you mean by is my computer up to date. Windows, my drivers, and my antivirus are all running smoothly and up to date, In terms of trouble shooting, I haven't really been able to do much, the best that I've found is using my lesser comp to download the files, move those onto a USB, then place them on my good comp. This is quite tedious and gets pretty old fast.

Back
Top Bottom