internet page expires

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4

Beta member
I have a windows 2000 professional on a client system in a small network. Recently I ran adaware and windows washer on the system. Immediately after that some message popped up which said something like this "services shutting down, windows will shut down in 60 seconds".I don't remember exactly,but it was similar to what I mentioned.
Since then my internet stopped working.I checked everything,everything including the ip configurations and all the settings seem to be intact. But the internet page expires.I tried the " tracert" and found that it works, I am able to ping. One thing I found interesting was, the ip routing enabled shows yes in the ipconfig /all. But when I checked it in the registry,I found that it was disabled.Is it something to do with that.If so, how do I fix it. Even Netscape doesn't work.Not even messenger.I am able to ping an external ip.All other systems on the network are working fine.I don't get my internet back.But before the page expires internet explorer shows the error " winnt/system32/shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm....".This error is displayed before the page expires.Is there a problem with the registry. If yes, can I repair the registry using the windows 2000 cd repair option.Thank you for your help.
Kindly guide me.

Can somebody help me?

Regards

Ram

Hopefully someone will be able to post after me and back me up but this sounds like some sort of exploit code that is failing. It was possibly something that was on your PC before you wiped it out. Personally, I would consider repairing the install.

-Mike

actually mike, i think it has something to do with adware and where he is merely a client computer on a small network.

he probably has some sort of entry in the registry and other peice of software or driver that acts sort of along the lines where it has to communicate with an outside host, much like adware, so maybe adware got rid of that thinking it was adware, and now since this means of communication between the host and client is lost, he can no longer access the internet. there fore if u put back this means of communication, then you will be bale to get your access back

Hope i am helpful or on the right track

Ches
:D Have a GREAT Chriustmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom