Internet issues with displaying sites

CGfreak102

In Runtime
I have been having some issues with this computer im working on. What is going on is it will not display a web site. What i have done so far to try and fix the issues is the following: Reinstalled IE 7 and then also upgraded to 8, that did work for a little bit about 4 days later the issues returned and i then tried to reinstalled IE again and could not get on, i also then reinstalled the NIC driver and still had issue. The Local Area Connection shows connected and i can ping serveral websites including the router, and all my other computers that are connected to this router work fine. I then installed FireFox and tried displaying the internet and still could not. According to Norton Anti-virus 2009 there are no virus on the computer, and i have not plugged the drive into anther comp as a secondary drive and scanned. Other than doing a Full F&R on the machine do any of you have any other sugguestions i can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

What do you mean they won't display? You just get a white screen? Do you get the "this website cannot be displayed" error message on the browser?

Try making a new network connection.

Make sure all your cords are plugged in. I know you've pinged the websites, but I would still double check that everything is hooked up properly. Do you have any games that play online? I would definitely check to see if you can access their servers. I have had a similar problem where I could not reach any website, however my computer still connected to the internet because I could play WarCraft III online. It turned out to be some type of virus. I don't recommend Norton. Try to download AVG Free 8.5 or Avast! to a flash-driver or an external hard drive and run their scans. Also download Spybot: Search & Destroy and see if it finds anything.

ok well i have an update, ran the MBAM and it found 2 things and removed them yet still the same issue, but when i use FF it says can not establish a connection. And when i try Internet explore that just loads a white page, but before it said could not display the website. just about to run a antivirus scan will post later. and all the cables work fine and are plugged it, tried useing different ports on router also and by passing router.

UPDATE:
Also when i try and update AVG it will not connect, plus it have Norton Internet Security not Anti-virus.
Can view websites while in safe mode, updating anti-virus definitions as i type this and then doing a scan.
Ran scan in safe mode and removed anything it found, still could not display webpage in normal mode. prob gonna cut my lose and F&R it.

As one last ditch effort, you could install Avast. Run it and let it see if it detects a virus in memory. Then do a boot-time scan. If it picks up nothing and you still are having problems, then reinstall. I always try Avast before a reinstall on any virus-infected computer.

Dude Tim, It's been a while since you were on here.

I gave Tom an exe for a program called autocombofix. It's on his desktop at work. Throw that on your flash drive and give it a shot. Depending on if it can connect to the internet you may need to run it in safe mode as well.

Also, have you gone through MSconfig to disable any non-needed apps and services?

Give me a call if you need help with any of those.

Oh, and can you let us know what ipconfig says?

Alright ill try the Avast here in a min. and Cele ill steal that from tom when he gets in tomm at work (Stuck there all day).

Here is what i get from just 'ipconfig'

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-Specific DNS Suffix .:
IP Adress...............................: 192.168.1.4
Subnet Mask..........................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway.....................: 192.168.1.1

also here is ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration:

Host Name ..............: Photo
Primary DNS Suffix ....:
Node Type...............: Hybrid
IP routing Enabled.....: no
WINS PRoxy enabled..: no

Ethernet adapter local area connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS suffix:
Desciption...........................: Intel<R> PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address..................: 00-13-72-B3-0D-9C
DHCP Enabled......................: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled......: Yes
IP Address...........................: 192.168.1.7
Subnet Mask........................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway...................: 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server........................: 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers.........................: 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained ....................: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 9:08:50 pm
Lease Expires........................: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:08:50 pm

It's weird that your IP address changed between the two runs.

try runing ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom