Internet Fields Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raftacon

Baseband Member
This just happened recently and I haven't changed any immediate settings that should make this occur so I'm fairly stumped.

I use AOL, dial-up to be exact. I also have two other browsers beside AOL ... Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox. Something mysterious has occurred on AOL & Internet Explorer where everytime I try to select a field on a webpage (such as selecting a username or password field), the cursor changes to the 'I'-shaped text-editing icon, but when I click it doesn't select the field. On no website. At all.

I've already scanned for viruses and my system found none. And the odd thing is that while Internet Explorer and AOL's browsers don't let me select fields, Mozilla Firefox does. :angry:

The latest thing I have done was uninstall Norton Internet Security that came with my computer and installed ZoneAlarm in its place, but the problem didn't occur as soon as I had installed it, so I wasn't fearing it was the problem. Just a precaution, I completely uninstalled it and tried again ... same result.

Any help as soon as possible would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

--Glenn

To Ethereal -- Yes, I know Firefox is better and that's what I use all the time on my main computer right here (the one I'm using right now, as well), but I really just wanted everything to be working the way it's supposed to ... having crippled programs just doesn't sound complete.

To Law -- Thanks, I'll try scanning for the spyware ... what's your recommendation? AVG Free? Something you've had in mind? And can a spyware / virus detecting program pick up browser hijacks?

To Law -- Thanks for that, I'll print it off and put the programs on a disc and try it on the computer I'm having trouble with as soon as possible (maybe tonight, because it's not really my computer, but a friend's).

To havock -- Hah, yes, I already knew. 'Just sharing that AOL and IE were having the problem and Firefox wasn't. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom