Internet Explorer 11 Performance

@S0ULphIRE:
We did some testing with the IETab plug-in and it seems to be working great so far. Our Kronos & Oracle applications seem to work flawlessly with the mode and our Intranet page is actually very responsive now. Now the convincing time comes to have my boss approve to purchase 100+ licenses of the software. Thanks again!

Is IETabs good for working with older web apps, such as those that demand IE 8, 9, etc? Or does it essentially run as IE 11?

It was @carnage who suggested that, but hey thanks! :p
Trying to take credit for my suggestion I see? :p

Is IETabs good for working with older web apps, such as those that demand IE 8, 9, etc? Or does it essentially run as IE 11?

It runs in whatever engine of IE you have installed - but in the IETab optoins, you can override that rendering engine and tell it to drop back to an older version if you need to test. For example, I have IE11 installed, and these are the options I have:

IE 7 Standards Mode
IE 8 Standards Mode
IE 8 Forced Standards Mode
IE 9 Standards Mode
IE 9 Forced Standards Mode
IE 10 Standards Mode
IE 10 Forced Standards Mode
IE 11 Standard Edge Mode
IE 11 Forced Edge Mode

Fantastic! We were looking at Enterprise Mode for IE11 and were talking about setting it up via AD and using a whitelist of sites in which to turn Enterprise Mode on, but this may be a better solution to a short term problem.

Alrighty, just kidding. Back to IE11's Enterprise Mode we go. IE Tab just wreaked havoc in the test I did with it.

Back
Top Bottom