Internet dies every so ofter

lsatblu

Beta member
Hi all,

I posted a while ago when I was at college and my internet would die every 10 or 20 minutes. Back at college, I wasn't on a wireless network. I had to have my computer plugged into the wall for the campus internet. And it worked fine there.

Now I am back and home and I am having a similar problem. My apple laptop, my sisters laptop and my dads computer (the main pc with the router connected to it) all run fine on the network.

My computer on the other hand loses the internet about once every few minutes. It quickly comes back, but it is very annoying.

I removed any spyware from my computer and updated the drivers of my linksys network adaptor.

Any idea how to fix this problem? The network adaptor and the router itself aren't too old, about 8 months old I believe. My computer is also sitting pretty close to the router but I gave some distance between them. When I had them in seperate rooms it had the same issues.

i have a sony vaio and that happens with the wireless card that the computer came with, the sony people dint know how to fix it and it was out of the warantee so i dint feel like buying a new internal wireless card for it so i just got a wireless card and pluged it and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom