Internet costs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi, i read somewhere that internet was free in many countries. Most of the websites ask for subscription money. And hardly anyone earns money from the internet. All the members, programs, websites...are the same since 1991. Might be that the internet which comes to india is filtered 60%. And the websites allowed to surf are already programmed. Then why isn't internet free? Also why not no subscription charges of various websites? Or why not raise the costs, even making yahoo chat paid. Then making screen out all the yuk! - eric

ummm, not sure if I understand you.... but I'll try.... price for internet is dropping in alot of areas, but! the money goes to maintaining the infrastructure, the physical aspects of the internet *i.e. servers, mainframes, cabling and routing... ect ect ect.*

Yes it costs a lot of money to maintain the staff for companies running these websites, add new content, etc. and the infrastructure for telecommunications is very expensive. Costs are dropping but the Internet can't ever be totally free.

Every popular site has running costs. Youtube for example doesn't earn money at all, the money it takes from ads are nothing on what google pays for petabytes of bandwidth daily and it still has it free, i guess it keeps it because they want to combine those services totally and youtube is like advertising google products... It's really hard to make money from the internet except if you have a job like programming/ graphic\web design etc... Also ISPs can provide internet for free, they invest so much on making/maintaining/upgrading networks...

I own 2 web pages an one is hosted from a box in my house the second I am moving over to the same box ASAP I just need to work out a few issues then i am laughing, my total bandwith costs me £25 a month an just today I decided NOT to advertise on my forum.

The Internet isn't free anywhere. Perhaps you mean Internet access is free for a certain group of people someplace, but I would seriously question your premise and want more information on your sources. Servers, equipment, labor, infrastructure, etc. are not "free". Someone is paying at some point.

You mean talks of inputing millions and asking cents! My querry was for raising the standards of the internet? Its really cheap, i mean it. None compared to the richness and professionalism of whites! I mean what i had imagined! - eric

if you meen standards its not going to happen sadly - back in the early 90's few people had acess to the net I was lucky an did, now sadly most people belong to 4chan or are myspaz whores.

If your talking Tech specks yea mate dont take this the wrong way but in the UK we are European / Atlantic bridge yet the main phone / ISP wont lay COAX I am lucky an have cable in the UK we have a 4mbs averadge in less afluent countrys in europe they pull nation wide 10mpbs but in the UK there are still areas without broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom