internet connection shareing

PuNkY

In Runtime
okay heres my situation.

i have a wireless connection that i am sharing off a friend. i wanna share this connection with one other computer through ICS. but every time i set the ethernet card to share internet my wireless connection gets dropped and wont go back on until i turn off internet sharing on the ethernet.

so far i got it to share files and printers but no internet cause the wireless get cut off.

im getting really frustrated. :mad:

can anyone give me some tips/info/sites that can help me out?

I maybe able to help you out on this one but first can you tell me if you have a WI FI modem or what modem you are using and how many computers you are trying to connect coz if you have a home WI FI modem and it came with a wireless USB adapter you shouldn't need to to use ICS as your modem should be capable of connecting at least 4 computers via LAN and as many as you want on wireless if you need any more help, If you think i could help you as i am still learning my self but i can help in almost any problem. :D

why do you need to share the connection? surely you could connect to the wireless network on the other pc, unless it doesnt have a wireless card. if it doesnt then i dont think theres a way of doing it, but i may be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom