internet connection question...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
I am connected to the internet using a motorola surfboard cable modem on an ethernet connection, can I connect the usb connection on the same modem for internet access on my other computer and use both at the same time...?

I am a total retard when it comes to networking and can't get my connection right and have finally given up...

I have a 4 port netgear dual speed hub, a netgear network card in my other computer and an onboard marvell yukon network port on this computer...

:confused:

Im not too good with networking either but ill try and help lol. Im pretty sure u cant have a usb connector at the same time as an ethernet. Surely if u plug an ethernet cable into the router for the other pc it should work? (it is a router isnt it with all those ports) Then u need to make sure that the network connection is set to shared in the control panel i think, see told ya im crap lmao.

No, you cannot use both the USB and ethernet port on the modem at the same time.

What you can do is use the USB port from the modem to your computer. Then use the ethernet port from your computer to the other computer and set up internet sharing on your comp to share it with the other. :D

thanks guys, I'm gonna try what Atomic Rooster suggested...

no e-dap fellas, the powers that be still say I need to spread some rep around before y'all get some...

Anubis1980 said:
Why do u have neg rep? u always seem helpful lol

I was thinking the same thing...

oh yeah, I almost forgot, I am now connected on both computers, I have no idea what I did, but something worked...

;)

Back
Top Bottom