Internet at apartments

dunerider5

Baseband Member
Im moving into an apartment soon. My question is... alot of apartments offer "high speed internet access". Does anyone know how this works? Is it cheaper or something?

It depends. Just ask them to see what they offer. It's usually free (or just included in the cost of rent). It should be a high-speed broadband like T1 or T3, but it might be regular broadband. Once again, ask. Also, I know of a lot of places that use wireless, so you'd have to get a wireless card if you don't already have one.

I'm guessing you currently have dial-up service. High speed service would be broadband, T1, T2, etc. High speed service can be cheaper and you get a reliable and faster connection. I currently have Verizon Online DSL for 29.95 a month. AOL charges 32.00 a month for dial-up service.... I think. Anyway... the point is get the high speed interent access. You'll be glad you did.

My brother's internet for his apartment gets added to his cable bill. i don't know if this is only because his cable and internet is rogers.

Dishdog,
You are in the right place. The cable companies all ready supply cable to apartment complexes.. It is just reasonable for them to go ahead and include highspeed internet as well.

Back
Top Bottom