Internet acess with proxy connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

avoba

Beta member
I ve been trying to acess some websites at work, but they are blocked via proxy, wich means, the only way you can access the internet is if you type a certain proxy (172.16.0.1, port 8080), at the control panel of your browser. I can only use the internet browser. If I try to change the proxy, to enter the blocked websites, the internet doesnt work, so my question is,

Is there a possibility to unblock the websites without changing the proxy configuration?

Thanks, avoba

So basically the setup is: your laptop <-> proxy <-> Internet; and you have no other method to access the Internet?

Then it depends on the blocking strategy, e.g., whether sites are blocked by an allow list (only sites specified are allowed, block all the other sites) or a deny list (only sites denied are block, allow all the other sites). Or maybe they use some sort of sniffing technology that filters certain keywords.

No...There's no other method, only by typing the proxy, and the wireless icon on windows shows that you have no access to the internet, so you start the browser, and it asks for user and password which I have. There are a list of websites blocked, and a lot of sites working. You cant change the proxy to unblock them because if you do, you no longer have access to the internet...It's something really creepy, I have never seen anything like that.

It sounds like they use a deny list, which makes things easier. You could run your connection through another proxy (either free -- not recommended, or something that you setup by yourself), i.e.: your laptop <-> company proxy <-> your proxy <-> Internet

As long as "your proxy" is not blocked by "company proxy", it should be able to relay the connections, providing free Internet for you to access.

But if I run my connection through another proxy, it's doesn't work...It's really tricky.. lol Thanks...

We can't help you get around your work's regulations, it doesn't matter if you own the laptop since they own the network. You don't want to get fired for breaking their technology policy do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom