Internal fan?

Enix82

Baseband Member
I've noticed that my computer temps have recently risen about 10c in the past two weeks. I have not changed my hardware / software configuration that would increase the temps. I thought I had a pretty decent setup, I have two front 80mm fans (intake), one top 80mm fan (blowhole), one side 80mm fan (intake), one rear 120mm fan (exhaust), and one pci exhaust fan underneath the graphics cards. I have a Thermaltake big typhoon 120mm cpu fan/heatsink.

The highest increae I've noticed is from my MOSFETTS (abit pwm temp). I noticed that it was running 70c-80c under full load but I got it down to 70c temp under load after flashing the BIOS. That's still too hot for my liking especially considering what it use to be.

I've heard other stories of people battling MOSFETT temps by mounting a smaller fan on the actual CPU fan so it would blow on the MOSFETT nodes. NO idea how to do that. Dunno how great that idea is but I guess I could just buy some new fans because it seems obvious that these are starting to fail in terms of airflow.

I have no idea what MOSFETT is, but if your computers temps have risen one of the first things you can try is cleaning out the computer. Computers collect alot of dust and when the dust gets on the fans it can decrease your airflow which in turn causes your temps to go up.

I have the same set-up of fans as you :)
If you want an easy way to clean out dust, get a can of air.

Sadly, there is no dust! I have a clear case and all of my fans are squeaky clean probably cuz they were last cleaned about 2 months ago. However I did locate my PWM temp sensor MOSFETT. Its a bit below my PSU bay and directly above my CPU. I ran my ABIT EQ and found it by spot blowing with a detached fan.

I remember that I accidently had my 120mm fan on backwards and it was actually acting as a intake fan. That airflow would have directly touched the sensor causing a lower read. I guess I could turn it back around so it could make me feel better even tho it screws up my airflow. I could just leave it as it is and accept the fact that dual core technology = higher temps.

70C under full load?

Man that does seem kinda hot.

I Have an Opteron @ FX60 and its just at 45C stock cooler

LambOfGod said:
70C under full load?

Man that does seem kinda hot.

I Have an Opteron @ FX60 and its just at 45C stock cooler
I ain't sure but when he say's 70C he might be talking about this graphics card.

yea that is kinda toasty, i guess depending what you have and the cooling, but if that was the cpu i would be slightly concerned

Back
Top Bottom