Interested in Building First Computer

Trainzer

Baseband Member
Here's what I have so far in parts (not purchased):

Newegg.com - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD15EARS 1.5TB 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

So far, everything's fine, but I'm stuck on a good motherboard that will unleash all the AMD Phantom II can do with six cores. I found this motherboard, but I'm not experienced enough... hence this topic.

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

I plan to stick a couple ATI 5770 or 5750s in it. IDK if that'll work.... perhaps something beefier?

Cheers,
Joshua

Yeah that CPU and motherboard will work great together. As for the hard drive you might want to go with a WD caviar black or at least caviar blue, the caviar greens are meant to save power and have slower seek/read/write times. As for a video card if you plan on getting 2 5770's or 5750's I would suggest just buying a GTX 470 fermi, or GTX 560 Ti. Those two cards are among the top 10 video cards at the moment, and you will probably have better performance running just one of those instead of a crossfire 5700-series. You can check out the top video cards here: Top 10 Video Cards 2011

This motherboard does not support CUDA, does it? IDK, perhaps one will be enough. Thanks for the help, I'll adjust my wish list.

Nevermind, I'll blow my budge if I buy two video cards!

Cheers,
Joshua

Back
Top Bottom