Interested in building a PC.

wbt50

Solid State Member
I'm interested in building a PC soon.

I just need to know more about building my own PC as I don't know much.

I will be using the computer for pretty much everything. Gaming, Internet, Movies and on.
Couple of questions -

1) Is it hard to Build a computer ? (I'm only 15 Years old and never done it before)

2)It will be hard for me to get a budget of over £400 - £500 in Total ( Will that be enough for an awsome fast PC) ?

3)How much time would it take to build it?

4)Is it easy to screw it up, Such as brakeing a Peice worth £100 ?

5)What are the Parts I would have to get ?

6) Is it worth it ? What are the advantages/Disadvantages.

Thank you very much for you're time and please answer :D

~wbt50

I'm interested in building a PC soon.

I just need to know more about building my own PC as I don't know much.

I will be using the computer for pretty much everything. Gaming, Internet, Movies and on.
Couple of questions -

1) Is it hard to Build a computer ? (I'm only 15 Years old and never done it before)

2)It will be hard for me to get a budget of over £400 - £500 in Total ( Will that be enough for an awsome fast PC) ?

3)How much time would it take to build it?

4)Is it easy to screw it up, Such as brakeing a Peice worth £100 ?

5)What are the Parts I would have to get ?

6) Is it worth it ? What are the advantages/Disadvantages.

Thank you very much for you're time and please answer :D

~wbt50

1) how hard it seems will depends on your technical ability. Most parts will only go in one way and will only fit in one slot. Most of the time, installations are well documented in their instruction manuals.

2) I built the core of my PC for around £500, its the extras like keyboards, mice, monitors, etc. that add to it.

3) It usually takes about an hour to put it all together, test it, and install windows on it.

4) one or two little precautions can be the difference between a working PC and alot of dead components. in other words, if you're callous with it then, yes it is easy to screw up.

5) gaming rigs are usually defined into these sections:

CPU (processor)
RAM (memory)
GPU (graphics card)
HDD (hard drives)
PSU (power supply unit)
Optical drive (DVD/CD drive)

and obviously if you don't already have them, monitor/s keyboards mice.

6) IMHO yes, if you're capable of doing it. IF all goes well, the end result will be as good as most branded £700-800 PCs and will be done and dusted with an hour of your time and £500 of your cash.

Hey, go to the competition section, I just posted an article on how to do it. It's not hard. Just find a budget and pick your parts. I built mine when I was 15 or 16.

Hey, go to the competition section, I just posted an article on how to do it. It's not hard. Just find a budget and pick your parts. I built mine when I was 15 or 16.

The only thing I'm worried about is screwing it up and Damaging parts that's worth like £100 and failing to finish it.

After reading you're guide, It seems pretty hard. There are alot of screws involved and thermal paste ?

I never thought there would stuff like that involved. I thought it was a simple place stuff on the motherboard XD

get on youtube and watch videos of a complete build.

You won't need to put thermal paste on your processor. Most come with it pre-applied all you have to do is stick the heatsink on it.

It really is a matter of plugging stuff in.

The most important part is making sure everything is compatible with each other. Personally. I would start out with a Processor then mobo.. then ram for the mobo, then a GFX that fits your budget.. A power supply based off of the GFX card. Rom Drive, HDD and A case for it all. and you have yourself a computer.

You just need an O.S, Monitor, keyboard, mouse ETC.

Seriously, youtube it.

I don't really require extra stuff such as Mouse Keyboard etc.

I'm planning to run it on my 32 " HDTV which has a PC Slot. I have a wireless laser mouse. I might get a wireless keyboard, And A Joystick of somesort to play games ( I'm horrible with K&M)

I'll watch some youtube vids now.

Looks pretty easy to buid on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom