Intel X25-M SSD 80GB RAID-0 or NOT?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I am thinking about upgrading my PC that is in my signature with a new SSD, but im trying to see if it will be worth it for me first.

I currently use x2 WD640AAKS in RAID-0 as my main OS HDD with another WD640AAKS as a storage HDD.

From what I have seen the new best thing is the "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD". I had looked at a few reviews and I think its fair to say that a single "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" will be faster then my current RAID-0 setup. Is this the one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167018

If you would have to estimate, how much faster, more snappier will a single "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" be compared to my two WD640AAKS in raid 0? For the last hour I spend time reading about "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" in raid-0 compared to a single "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" and there seems to be a lot of different information out there. I am really considering a raid 0 and would appreciate your input on this. The SSD will be used for gaming.

If I would to assume that an "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" will give me 50% increase performance over my current setup, how much do you estimate a RAID-0 "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD" will give me in terms of percentage?

Looking at my current hardware, do I have everything I need to be able to fully utilize a single and or RAID-0 with "Intel X25-M 80GB SSD"?

Thank you.

I would not go with an Intel SSD. They are nice but don't quite have the experience in making NAND flash like OCZ does. OCZ has faster sequential and sustained write speeds than Intel. Not to mention Intel is more expensive. Intel only really specializes in SLC drives which are basically 2x the price. RAID 0 with any SSD's will give you extreme performance, though.

Back
Top Bottom