Intel was raided!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong but didn't intel try an sue AMD not so long ago about patent infringement?

I use AMD because the provide bang for the buck value and not bucks for bangs, sure intel make good chips an they are the world leader at this time but most of that is because the flood the market with loads of processors at a time.

Well, as far as quad-core cpus are concerned, Intel has the best bang for the buck, particularly if you're an overclocker, which is really just the Q6600 (the other quads are highly inflated in price). But I agree, AMD does offer a great selection in the lower-end spectrum and has decent chips in the mid-range dual-core market.

Now, I don't think people should go off calling me an 'Intel' person. I find it quite amusing actually how everybody in the enthusiast market used to bash Intel without restraint, and now that AMD's in the hole, we just can't touch it because it's the underdog, a hero of sorts... I'll stop short there, I don't like arguing with people on this issue. Sometimes, there are really strong points on either side and it makes it difficult to come to a reasonable conclusion.

Amd should do a lot better with the new phenoms coming out, hopefully there will be a 9650 black edition that can hit 3.0ghz just like the 5000+, by changing only multiplier and slight voltage increase. If so, and its priced well (around 200-250) then ill pick one up along with maybe an 8800gts, or comparable 9 series card so ill be in the 14k range, and i can dedicate the 5000+ to folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom