intel video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMortar

In Runtime
Ok, my radeon 9800 pro died on me, and shows such bad distortion on screen now and freezed all of my games, i had to switch to onboard gfx.

The onboardness is this fellow right here:
Intel 82865G Graphics Controller

Well ok heres the problem:

I have fully uninstalled ALL of my ati drivers, and right now the highest this onboard card is allowing me to go is 8-bit color(256 colors), and 1024*768 resolution. The properties do not identify my onboard video. I guess in order for it to show proper color, I need drivers, well I have both the install cd with the drivers and I also tryed the ones from intel sight, and both FAIL to install the driver.

In the middle of installation, it says an error:
An unknown error has occured during the installation process.

Setup will close now.

Well, this is frustraiting, because i want more fun with onboard lol, and im waiting for my 9800 to be replaced. I tryed many different driver versions for this card and they always fail to install! I even tryed it the windows search way, and it says that the installing the driver is not digital signed to work for the windows start-up screen. Mah! I want my full onboard experience!

EDIT: i was able to play hl1 and thats it, but only under software renderer, and 640 is huighes tit let me go :(

I don't believe the Intel 82865G Graphics Controller which is integrated on the motherboard meets the requirements of most games. Get the new card.

Make sure the on-board video isn't disabled in the BIOS. You may have disabled it when you installed the 9800.

i tryed that also. and this onboard is automatically enabled when the card is out. In bio i only get two choices for this gfx controller, either "auto" or off. and its on auto so its working, and i can tell it is.

also i am receiving the replacement radeon 9800 in the mail, but i wanna fool around with it a bit :)

and i can run hl1 and AoEII :D

Intel 865G's integrated graphics controller is very good. i ran half life- 2 , tomb raider legend and you wont believe I even ran doom 3, but the game ran slowly sometimes.

I see. It is VERY good. So a high end gaming card is unnecessary for serious gamers because an integrated video chip exists on the motherboard and it is VERY good.

^ I'm beginning to have a problem with this train of thought and those singing the praises of integrated video chips on motherboards versus high end video card solutions.

I never said that it is unnecessary to buy a high end gaming card for Serious gamers ....I only said Intel's 865gbf onboard Integrated video chip is a very good one comparitively to other onboard video chips.. although it dosent support pixel shader and more importantly hardware T&L. Still it runs those games which do not specifically search for hardware T&L like tombraider:legend, half-life 2 ...

The 865G's graphics performance is about equivalent to TNT2/Rage 128 Pro-based cards, although it supports some additional rendering features of which the two aformentioned chips don't. At best it would be able to more than handle games that were released 4 years ago (or older).

Of course, we are attempting to dissect the potential of this integrated chip, and nobody said anything about replacing high-end cards with this.

One last thing, though is to try to use drivers that originally came with the motherboard itself (e.g. the driver installation disc....... it may not be up to date, but Intel seems to care more about their 9xx chipsets nowadays..........)

the first thing i tryed was the install disk drivers, but ALL of these intel drivers wont install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom