Intel Stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
So right now I have 50 shares with Intel. They've been declining now constantly since mid August. Today the shares dropped $1 down to about $16.30.

So my question. Intel and AMD don't have any other significant competitors? I'm betting that investing now is smart as the stocks should eventually make their way back up. I can't imagine Intel stocks going way low as they're a pretty strong company. What do you think? They're at their lowest point in a really long time...

file.png

what i think is go for it its bound to turn around sooner or later and to be quite honest i was thinking of doing this also

time to look into it

I got an even better idea! Avoid the stock market entirely. Especially with all the major banks on Wall Street about to go under... it would be very wise to put that money in an insured CD or savings account.

Right now is a great time to be buying stocks. The only people getting screwed are the day traders. I wish i had some money to buy into Intel. Intel and Microsoft are probably 2 of the safest stocks you can buy.

In light of all of the stock market woes, "Zeitgeist: Addendum" has been released. It sums up the monetary system in a pretty blatant and frightening way lol.

Ummm yeah I wouldn't be buying stocks in US anytime soon. It has a long way to fall before any sort of recovery can start. The bailout package has done nothing. Now is not really the best time to be buying as the market has not bottomed out yet, especially in the US.

Australia is no better, we are on the way down with you. If you want stocks that might rise in the near future, try gold.

Tom is 100% correct here. The bailout will screw the economy further (may boost it somewhat, but a lot of the money is actually going foreign so we lose domestic estate anyhow). The time to buy is definitely not right now. Maybe in a few months, but who knows when rock bottom is. Rock bottom is after the bailout has already taken place and its effects have worn off. Buying at rock bottom is fool proof cuz it cant go any lower. And in terms of Intel's and Microsoft's stock, they are rock solid but suffer because of the general market now.

And what tom said about gold is true as well. When the crap starts to hit the fan, people take their money out of banks and stock market because gold usually retains its value through bad times, and can be sold anywhere in the world. Even though the FDIC insures bankers up to $100,000, if the value of the American dollar dies, then wtf is your money good for anyway. Treasury bonds are also very good, but also rely on the value of the American dollar.

Btw, gold prices have gone wayyyyy up since 5 or even 10 years ago. Look here:

http://www.galmarley.com/ChartApp/Images/USD_Line_20years_300x150.gif

the reason is because gold can be sold anywhere for whichever country has the highest value currency. Gold is shiny, people like it. cant eat it though lawl

buy later, not now. now is a bad time to buy. just save up..prices will lower and your savings will go up. Buy when its crazy cheap. the way the market drops daily (300,400 points daily) itll continue to go down.

Soz for the long post

Is gold of any real "value" outside of the monetary system? I mean, it gained worth in the ancient times, but nowadays you can't build something out of gold, you can't eat gold, you can't run something on gold.

We need a resource based economy if we're ever going to survive as a species. If free energy was fully harnessed and technology embraced, the monetary system could be completely done away with, making machines the new workforce.

It doesnt really matter though, as if the US market actually crashes, for the most part, the world economy is going to go down the crapper with it. Say what you will about us "Mericans", but if we stop buying stuff, the money around the world stops flowing. So i'm not too afraid of the economy bottoming out.

I got an even better idea! Avoid the stock market entirely. Especially with all the major banks on Wall Street about to go under... it would be very wise to put that money in an insured CD or savings account.

Ditto. I am kinda glad I cash in my life insurance policy a few month back. The entire thing was set up for my by my grandmother as a bit of a nest egg. At one stage, the surrender value was worth about US $19 000.
My parents would not let me touch this money thinking that I would spend it on ****. Okay, up until about 5 years ago, they were right. Since then, No.
Anyways, they finally allowed me access to my social security number in June this year. In the 6 weeks that it took Predential to process the paper work, my policy surrender value went from $16000 to $11000.

Not really happy about that.

When it comes down this fund, I don't not blame my parents for not allowing me access to these funds earlier in my life. They were right in that if I did get back then in I would of wasted it on comic books or some else completely useless.
However i do blame my parents for their entire "Nothing bad will happen to the US Economy" attitude over the years. And I was warning them over the years that this would happen.
They could of moved the money over hear back in early 2000's when both the ecomony and especially the US dollar was still really good and just locked it up in an term deposit account. Especially in the last 4 years where interest rates have been going up down here.
However instead I was ****ing US$500 each year from 2000 to 2007 and watching my value drop from $19k to $11k.

Oh well, I got my money now.

Sorry for ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom