Intel NUC diagnostic bootable testing

Saitech

Solid State Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a diagnostic type of bootable testing for Intel NUC's? The NUC's do not have an OS loaded on to them so we are looking for a program we can run of a USB stick at start up. Something that can check the USB ports, DIMM slots and whatnot of the unit. Just to make sure everything is working correctly. Does anyone know of any program like this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Joe,

Thank you for this information. We were looking for more of a software option. For example like

Pc-Check - https://www.eurosoft-uk.com/products/pc-check/

This works well on motherboards that are a little older but we want to know if there is something like this that we can put on a USB stick and run at boot up on the Intel NUC systems.

you stated...
diagnostic type of bootable testing for Intel NUC's?
Well the only software involved with the booting would be your bios on the cmos chip. There is no need for any type of software to test the boot up from the POST (Power On Self Test) If you can boot to a usb drive then your issues is with loading up windows on the hard drive. Your hard drive must be recognized in the bios POST before you can do anything else... so check the bios to see if your drive is recognized in there first.
You can use third party software's to boot up to a usb drive, I've used Ultimate Boot Disk for several things
https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Parted Magic is on the UBD and that is a diagnostic operating system to check your other hardware

Joe C, thanks for the recommendation! We’ve just got a couple of these PCs, and we don’t know how to run basic things on them yet.
Most of the time, we use zaptest.com products because they’ve proven to be the best ones on the market so far. But they seem not to fit this small PC, or I just don’t understand something. Well, I will contact their programmers soon and ask about NUC compatibility and the possibility of running that test on this PC.
I am not the most professional programmer in our company, and I will wait for the seniors to figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom