Intel Motherboard vs Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1107

Solid State Member
Hello everyone! My friend starting to upgrade his system, actually buying a new system unit, but he does not know what motherboard to buy between Asus and Intel. He wants Second Generation i7 but he is thinking whether to buy an Asus or Intel motherboard to it. I just want to ask which is better or their differences. It would be a big help for him and I. Thanks in advance!

regards,
Peter

Asus boards will allow more flexibility with overclocking where as Intel boards focus on durability and stability. If overclocking is of any concern go for an Asus board. If not then I suppose Intel might be the better choice.

It depends on the specific board but Asus is probably going to be his best choice. Intel tend to be more 'bare minimum' boards designed for OEM usage.

Gigabyte are also a good option for socket-1155 motherboards.

+1 to Yami. I would go with Asus, then Gigabyte, and Intel if there was nothing else available. I am partial to Asus myself, but have been pleasantly surprised with Biostar of late.

I would buy an Asus or EVGA first followed by MSI, Biostar, Foxconn, ASRock, Gigabyte and then Intel.

Again it depends entirely on the specific motherboard model, but their capability for gaming is roughly in the order which Slaymate listed them.

I also prefer ASUS. I think they are very solid board. I have also read great things about Gigabyte. I don't know about many others, but a lot of people seem to like Biostar.

Biostar has turned around since its old days. They are ample boards. I have one myself. No problems. Since 775, I always got ASUS. Unless I need a budget board, then I go to Gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom