intel is 32nm

esa193

Fully Optimized
Intel has completed the development phase of its next-generation manufacturing process that shrinks chip circuitry to 32 nanometers, the chipmaker said Tuesday night
Intel processors are currently made on a 45nm process. Generally, smaller geometries result in faster and more power-efficient processors.
"The company is on track for production readiness of this future generation (of transistors)...in the fourth quarter of 2009," the chipmaker said in a statement.
Intel said it will provide technical details about the 32nm process technology at the International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM) next week in San Francisco.
Finishing the development phase for 32nm process technology keeps Intel on track with its "tick-tock" strategy. Tick-tock is intended to introduce either a new processor microarchitecture or cutting-edge manufacturing process about every 12 months.
"Producing 32nm chips next year would mark the fourth consecutive year that Intel has met its goal," the company said.
The 32nm paper and presentation "describe a logic technology that incorporates second-generation high-k + metal gate technology, 193nm immersion lithography for critical patterning layers, and enhanced transistor strain techniques," Intel said.
Other Intel IEDM papers will "describe a low power system on chip version of Intel's 45nm process, transistors based on compound semiconductors, substrate engineering to improve performance of 45nm transistors, integrating chemical mechanical polish for the 45nm node and beyond; and, integrating an array of silicon photonics modulators," according to the company's statement.
Intel will also participate in a short course on 22nm CMOS technology.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10119970-64.html

i see 6ghz in my future

Yea . . . .
I love AMD a lot, but there slow as hell!

Look at the Athlon Line! When did that first come out! There still selling them and they came out around 2006!

AMD isn't delivering in the power range of processing! There new Deneb is supposed to fight the i7 in our minds but they are saying there still fighting the C2D!

What they really have to do is speed things up! I really hope that new Chip manufacturing building will help a lot! AMD is really going down the drain. I don't want a cheap ass computer, I want a cheap and powerful computer!

Yea . . . .
I love AMD a lot, but there slow as hell!

Look at the Athlon Line! When did that first come out! There still selling them and they came out around 2006!

AMD isn't delivering in the power range of processing! There new Deneb is supposed to fight the i7 in our minds but they are saying there still fighting the C2D!

What they really have to do is speed things up! I really hope that new Chip manufacturing building will help a lot! AMD is really going down the drain. I don't want a cheap ass computer, I want a cheap and powerful computer!
Well, I think it all started with the C2D line... They were so cheap, and so fast, it blew the old P4 that a ton of computers had out of the water. Intel made a huge profit from it. They then have a huge amount of money for research, to produce yet another processor that blows the old away, and out comes the C2Q. Then the next one they become cheap, more energy efficient, and cool... AMD, is forced to lower their prices, and they loose research money then. It's a chain reaction.

My AMD experiences umm... were bad. They overheat for the same speed intel can preform very cooly.

My AMD experiences umm... were bad. They overheat for the same speed intel can preform very cooly.

Because of the on board memory controller, it should run hotter. Add the heat a FSB creates to a CPU and you get an AMD temperature on their CPU.

Back
Top Bottom