Intel Haswell Benchmarks Out! Is it worth it?

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Anandtech's Review
Tom's Hardware Review

The only site that talked about it's temperatures - BenchmarkReviews

I haven't been here since I was . . . . 14? Anyway, I'm back as I need help with this decision. I'm sitting here with a Phenom II X4 955 Deneb Stock freq. of 3.2 Ghz overclocked on stock voltages to 3.6 Ghz. I bought a Raedon 7950 from Sapphire right when it came out with stock overclock to 950 Mhz core clock and I love it.

My problem. My video card scores about 2,000 less points on 3DMark Vantage than the same cards using more up-to-date processors. I've hit the dead mark of my processor, the ever nightmarish Bottleneck T_T.

Anyway, I'm looking to overclock my new processor with a Cosair H100i but I didn't want to buy Ivy Bridge because of it's temperatures. Just bought this case and I'm really hyped up for my upgrade.
I'm going for a i5 K series processor as I don't really need the Hyper-threading in games and I'm going to be overclocking anyway. Would it be worth it to dump another 100 bucks to get that or no?

The points of issue for my problem:
1 - Haswell and it's new socket
Haswell is a new socket so Intel's next CPU's should be building into is(Hopefully, Intel does like changing sockets like Talyor Swift gets new boyfriends >.> ). Anyway! Is sticking to the new socket reason enough to get Haswell?
2 - Is Ivy Bridge going to drop in price? I know some Sandy Bridge's haven't changed price with the Ivy Bridge release and I'm not sure if this will be the same.
3 - What's everyone's opinion of Intel's new processor? Is the overclocking-power hungry processor age over and moving into tablets etc? Dam hipster's and their tablets and stuff. >.<

Yea, let the Discussion begin!

The chip has some issues like stated in the Tom's review. I'd let it simmer on the stove a while before putting it on your plate.

See, when I heard that the temperatures are going to be higher than Ivy Bridge, I wanted to go with Ivy. But with a new socket I might be able to upgrade later next year or the year after that, right?

Back
Top Bottom