Intel delay launch of 3 CPU's because AMD poses no threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'r actually suggesting there lieing...they would never do that :p
of course, because Intel is always so very honest with everybody.

*edit*
the reason they're being delayed, is because apparently it will hurt sales of intel's own 65nm products (you think?). It has nothing to do with AMD.

they're probably just giving their previous chips more time before they release their new ones, like the sequels to movies. they delay to give their previous film more box office time.

of course, because Intel is always so very honest with everybody.

*edit*
the reason they're being delayed, is because apparently it will hurt sales of intel's own 65nm products (you think?). It has nothing to do with AMD.

Ditto. Intel never had any problems with kicking AMD when they are down. Why should they shop now.

The other thing that I remember hearing is that nVidia needs to do some thing with their current SLi chipsets. I remember reading some thing about how the new Intel chips are having problems syncing with SLi.

AMD is going down the crapper anyways. AMD better get thier act together by the time I am ready to upgrade my main rig. Otherwise, I am jumping ship to Intel on my next system.

Intel has a tendency to completely flood the channels with their chips. This is great if you are wanting one right then, but it always bites them when they get ready to release a new chip or series. They have to almost give them away to clear enough of the market for the next big thing. And then they wonder why it doesn't sell like hotcakes right after every one and his brother just bought a new chip for half price.

Go, Intel! ;)

Intel has a tendency to completely flood the channels with their chips. This is great if you are wanting one right then, but it always bites them when they get ready to release a new chip or series. They have to almost give them away to clear enough of the market for the next big thing. And then they wonder why it doesn't sell like hotcakes right after every one and his brother just bought a new chip for half price.

Go, Intel! ;)

Yeah. I remember last time that happened with the Pentium D as every one was holding out for CoreDuo. They dropped the CPU prices to an insane low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom