Intel based MACS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: " Don't do it, Steve!!!..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
2. Apple Computer will simply become PC manufacturers :( (This is bad for all those poor people who already broke serios bank on the G5 Macs in the first place. And we all know that Apple has a history of this sh*t, so there more than likeley going to make a complete switch and abandon everything else...)

For the love of GOD, it's only been 2 and one half years since they first started manufacturing with IBM, so lets hope they don't turn their back on them now. :confused: :cool:

Apple will NOT become a PC manufacturer. They have OS X, there is no need for them to ever distribute their computers with anything less. And if you read all of the articles, you would have known that the initial switch will be for the Mini, the iBook, and the PowerBook. The iMac and PowerMac will continue to use the IBM G5 indefinitely. I mean, right now, the only thing that Apple has going for them is the G5 and thats old news.

Apple knows what they're doing. Steve is an intelligent man and he's privy to all sorts of information that we can't even begin to know at this point.

"is Jobbingnes..."

horndude said:
I think he meant PC as in personal computer.............which they already are, and soon they will be PC makers using the same architecture as everyone else and we will see once and for all who performs the best, I for one cant freakin wait.

The roadmap for dropping the PPC architecture will be coming soon.As far as "his Steveness" knowing what he's doing, Im not convinced, but im not an Apple fanatic either, but under his leadership marketshare has been steadily dropping and the only thing making serious money for Apple is iPods.OS X aint all that, that GUI hides lots of sins that will be revealed with x86 hardware LOL.
What system dosn't? And it's still nothing compared to Linux's Installation issues and issues it has with old motherboards. :confused:

Linux belongs on eMachines!!! ... Anyway, I had a feeling Steve wasnt stupid enough to make a complete switch. All that would have done was Kill off whatever was left of those who buy Macs. The way i see it, Apples revenue wasn't going down because they make "PLAYED OUT" (lol) computers, but simply because the people who buy Macs once, never seem to have a reason to buy another one. Most Mac users use G3 Processors anyway, so Mac OS X and an iPod is really all they would want. ;) :cool:

If you think about it from just the processor standpoint (not ablity to meet supply and demand) Intel was the better choice. Most people will agree that Intels are better right now for video editing and the such. Macs were also known for their video editing. So if you combine the two you have an ultimate editing machine. Another thing is that AMD is great is games. That is why we all love AMD. How many great games do you see for MAC (besides oregon trail that is)? This time Intel was the better bet.

However, I don't see this being a good move for Apple. They are using the publicity from the iPod to finally do something they have tried since the first Mac. Intels stock is going down. Linux has surpased Macs on the PC side (still no where close to Windows). So i just see this as more of a last ditch effort to save there dying line of computers. Its kinda like Microsoft saying they are doing some open-source software. Its kinda an oximoron. Just my thought.

-Aaron

"You don't know EVERYTHING..."

dumdum8684 said:
If you think about it from just the processor standpoint (not ablity to meet supply and demand) Intel was the better choice. Most people will agree that Intels are better right now for video editing and the such. Macs were also known for their video editing. So if you combine the two you have an ultimate editing machine. Another thing is that AMD is great is games. That is why we all love AMD. How many great games do you see for MAC (besides oregon trail that is)? This time Intel was the better bet.

However, I don't see this being a good move for Apple. They are using the publicity from the iPod to finally do something they have tried since the first Mac. Intels stock is going down. Linux has surpased Macs on the PC side (still no where close to Windows). So i just see this as more of a last ditch effort to save there dying line of computers. Its kinda like Microsoft saying they are doing some open-source software. Its kinda an oximoron. Just my thought.

-Aaron
Everything you said was wrong. You even mispelled a couple of words. If you wan't to know why, Just look at your screenname. :p J\K

Ok, fine. You have your own opinion, but that dosn't make it true... :rolleyes: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom