Intel > AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteveGTA said:
another thing to look at though is why would Apple choose Intel over AMD if AMD's products are better?

because Intel sucks, and Apple sucks, ..so they match!!! :) :)

:p

I believe so, but I'm not sure. There is something about the Intel dual cores beating out the X2's but I;m not sure what it is.

because Intel sucks, and Apple sucks, ..so they match!!!

And you base that on...

he told someone he'd suck for an apple and they gave him the food so now he has a grudge against apple...

Him said:
I believe so, but I'm not sure. There is something about the Intel dual cores beating out the X2's but I;m not sure what it is.

And you base that on...

...on benchmarks and price

the X2 rapes the dual core intel..:p :p

WHA?!?!! I dont think I'm fully understanding what you are saying. I am gathering that he said he would give some dome for an apple, and someone gave him an apple requesting some dome, and he has held a grudge ever since. I hope I am wrong...

As a company, Intel is better than AMD. This can be seen from the success of the two. Does AMD even have a marketing department? As for who makes the better chip, that is different.

AMD have used public relations as their method of marketing, which gives them far more loyal customers.

The Pentium M is a good idea, and depending the the competetion it may very well be my next purchase. It's just got a couple of bumps that need to be smoothed over for me to actually consider it in a desktop. First, DDR2 I am clearly avoiding at this point. I also don't like the "adapter" thing Asus has rigged up for this to be used in a desktop motherboard. If they make it an actual chip that fits in universal sockets I think they'd find much more success.

I have a Pentium M in a laptop, works well, and I did my homework before buying it. But desktops and laptops are apples and oranges and I can't really say if I like the P-M over a AMD Venice.

edit - AMD plans to be in control of a third of the market by next year, and has 50% in the next half decade or so planned I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom