Installing Windows (Need Help)

Unscathedforce

Beta member
Hey Guys

So recently the windows on my laptop corrupted. Unfortunately the CD drive has broken so I cant reinstall windows that way. I've also tried installing windows from a external CD drive and a USB stick, neither of which worked. I currently have Ubuntu installed but I really want windows. I was just wondering if there was another way I could install windows. One idea was taking the hard drive and putting it in a different computer and installing windows on it then putting it back into the laptop.

In summary of that very long post. Windows got corrupt, CD drive is broken, external CD drive doesn't work. and neither does USB. Any ideas?

Thanks

The problem with installing Windows on another computer first is that the hardware may be way different, so when you put the HDD back into your laptop, you may get problems booting or driver issues and such.

Did you make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from USB when you tried the external drive?

It's not very helpful to say something didn't work without telling us what the problem was. Why couldn't you do the install from an external DVD drive or USB stick? The only reason I can think for both of those to not work is that your computer doesn't support the option to boot from USB.

Back
Top Bottom