Installing PSU and video card

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I just ordered a 450 watt micro power supply for my eMachines T1100. Now my question is that when I get it and install it do I need to format my hard drive and install Windows XP so it will detect all hardware and also detect the new power supply?

Power: +3.3V ~ 20A, +5V ~ 26A, +12V ~ 20A, -12V ~ 0.8A, +5vsb ~ 2.5A

According to the seller this power supply has 20A on +12V. So that is alot more than 4A. I thought I should get this since it was only $23.50 with shipping and it's new. After this I will get a video card like the GeForce 6200 128MB PCI that is $40 new. Or would the ATI Radeon 9250 that is 256mb be better? There is one for $30 new.

Both of those cards are ancient, you can get 5450 for a bit more from newegg and thatll blow both of those cards out of the water

Well I did want to improve the video card too since if I have now a better power supply then I just need a good video card. But what cards out there I should get that is affordable and is PCI? I thought those cards I said was a good deal for them since they are new.

Btw what are those green dots under how much you post on this forums? I always wondered what those are. Also mine seems red but is this like a connection like a ping? If it is how do I make it more green? Since I think red means high pings.

those cards arnt new

and about the red/green dots

the more dots means you have more Reputation, a lot of green dots means you have alot of good Reputation added, red dots means you have negative reputation. you can cheek an see who gives what rep to you by click the "CP" button at the top of the sight.

the green dots have nothing to do with the amount of posts you do.
the only way to get green dots is to have more positive, helpful information with peoples issues, questions, and troubleshooting.

How do I make mine green? Is there a way? Since it looks like basicly red is not good right?

About the cards the seller says it's new. I don't think people on Ebay would like since then they will get a negative feedback.

well ya the cards maybe NEW but there tech is OLD

the only way to get green dots is to be a helpful member of CF. other members will give you positive feedback if you are helpful.

I'll give you positive rep if you don't waste your money on a new video card for that thing. The power supply can be used in a newer computer.

Ok that's not nice you saying not to upgrade again. What card is good and affordable that will work on PCI and that is more current? just wondering

Eatherway is it better to have more MB like the Radeon 9250 has 256mb or is it better to have the GeForce 6200 that is 128mb?

Back
Top Bottom