installing osx86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timinator94

Baseband Member
I bought an OSX disk leagally from apple and hacked it myself to make it an osx86 disk, I have an amd athlon 2.2 ghtz processor with an nvidia geforce 6800 graphics card(overclocked of course) on a msi chipset that i built myself, is there anything i need to know or do before i try to install os10?

oh. I did reaserch and the legality issues involved downloading an ILLEGALLY hacked disk like from torrents, but if you purchased the os and hacked it yourself, las long as you legally bought the original disk than it is not illegal. If you know more info on this subject please pm me or else i just wasted 120$. Because im a christian and i dont want to do anything illegal so PLEASE!!!!! send me more info.

Because im a christian and i dont want to do anything illegal so PLEASE!!!!! send me more info.

GTFO you blatant liar. Don't come here saying you don't want to do anything illegal because "you are a Christian" just so people don't look down on your illegal activities.... Soooo hypocritical. Kind of pisses me off being that I am a Christian.

im sorry i didnt maen to offend plus since it is apparently illegal i wont do it. So im not being hypocritical i wont do it. my first reaserch attempt said it wasnt illegal and here is then link to prove it. besides ill just resell the unaltered os 10 disk and destroy the altered version. I am not a hypocrite or a liar and i am sincerely sorry i offended you. I woud like to resolve this so if you could pm me i can set up a chat time. Once agian i dont want to ofend anyone but my faith is real and on the fact that i am a christian i will not remain silent. Call me what you wish but i am what i am. But i also want to talk because i dont want to leave you thinking of me as a liar or a hyprocrite. That was not the purpose of me stating my faith at all. I am not a thief or a liar and will not use illegal software. I was under the impression that it was legal. once again im sorry i offended you and i want to reconsile so please pm me.

oh heres the link;http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109018.html

GTFO you blatant liar. Don't come here saying you don't want to do anything illegal because "you are a Christian" just so people don't look down on your illegal activities.... Soooo hypocritical. Kind of pisses me off being that I am a Christian.

Not any of my business, but this post was a bit uncalled-for.

As for the legality issue:

From the license agreement:
the Permitted License Uses and Restrictions section (2)

Except as and only to the extent expressly permitted in this License or by applicable law, you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Apple Software or any part thereof.
This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.
This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so.

It seems they've been rather clear in all of their License Agreements and whatnot.

Sorry Tim, but what you are attempting to do is against Apple's software license agreement:

1. General. The Apple software (including Boot ROM code), any third party software, documentation, interfaces, content, fonts and any data accompanying this License whether preinstalled on Apple-branded hardware, on disk, in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (collectively the “Apple Software”) are licensed, not sold, to you by Apple Inc. (“Apple”) for use only under the terms of this License. Apple and/or Apple's licensors retain ownership of the Apple Software itself and reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. The terms of this License will govern any software upgrades provided by Apple that replace and/or supplement the original Apple Software product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern. Title and intellectual property rights in and to any content displayed by or accessed through the Apple Software belongs to the respective content owner. Such content may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties, and may be subject to terms of use of the third party providing such content. This License does not grant you any rights to use such content nor does it guarantee that such content will continue to be available to you.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Single Use License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you have purchased a Family Pack or Upgrade license for the Apple Software, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time.

I. You may not and you agree not to, or to enable others to, copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, modify, or create derivative works of the Apple Software or any services provided by the Apple Software, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by licensing terms governing use of Open-Sourced Components). You agree to use the Apple Software and the Services (as defined in Section 5 below) in compliance with all applicable laws, including local laws of the country or region in which you reside or in which you download or use the Apple Software and Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom